Rather than beating around the bush, this article will directly list the steps to set up the DreamHost email onto your iPhone. If you are using iOS 11, then simply follow the below-mentioned steps to set up the DreamHost email on the iPhone.
1. Go to the Settings menu from the home screen of your iPhone.
2. Scroll down to the section ‘Passwords & Accounts’. Click on it.
3. Then go to the ‘Add Account’ field. Tap on it. There will be different fields shown such as iCloud, Google, Yahoo, and so on. Below them, there will be a button ‘Other’. Click on it.
4. Then select the ‘Add Mail Account’.
5. This will open to a new account page. Here details such as your name, email, password, etc should be entered. There is a Description field as well. This refers to the name of your address which is mentioned on the settings page of your phone.
6. Once all details are entered, tap the ‘Next’ button.
7. There will be two buttons. One is the IMAP and the other POP. The IMAP button should be highlighted. After that enter the required information in the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server fields. For example, under the Incoming Mail Server field, the hostname should be entered as imap.dreamhost.com. For the outgoing mail server, it should be entered as smtp.dreamhost.com. (for both fields, the password for the email address must be entered. You can reset the password by clicking on the Edit button which is in the Manage Email section.)
8. Check for all the correctness of the information entered. Then click on the Next button which is at the upper right corner. This action will verify your email account in the DreamHost mail server. When the verification process is completed, a new page will appear on your screen asking you to save the new mail account.
9. Click on the ‘Save’ button. By doing this last action, you can finish setting up the DreamHost email on your iPhone.
Note :- Save big on this upcoming Dreamhost black Friday deals
Sometimes due to different iOS versions on the iPhone, there will be a requirement to adjust the ‘Mailbox Behavior’ settings. This is done so that your emails appear in the designated folder such as Drafts, Sent, Deleted, Archive, and so on. As a sample, in case you want to change the configuration for the ‘sent ‘email to be shown on the DreamHost mail server instead of the iPhone, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
a. Go to Setting and from there to the ‘Passwords and Accounts’ section.
b. Tap on a DreamHost email account and then go to the ‘Account’ section to see the settings.
c. At the bottom, click on the ‘Advanced’ button and tap on the ‘Sent Mailbox’.
d. Then select the ‘Sent Messages’ button which is available on the server section.
e. Lastly, tap pin the Advanced button and complete the action by selecting the ‘Account Done’ button at the top.
Now all the sent messages will appear on the DreamHost mail server instead of appearing on your iPhone.
Sometimes there might be some issues relating to the connection. At such times, simply tap on the ‘connect’ button till it is connected. This will resolve the issue.